THANK YOU! The Call for Participation for re:publica Detroit is closed. We thank you for your submissions!
re:publica Detroit welcomes your submissions! The two-day event will take place on 27-28 September 2019 as part of Sequencer Tour. Community input makes up the very core of the programme, so create a speaker profile today and bring your thoughts to the table - the stage is yours!
What topics will be featured at rpDetroit?
The thematic focus of re:publica Detroit is Access across the following three tracks:
- Arts & Culture with a thematic focus on Creative Industry and Music
- Business & Innovation with a thematic focus on Work and the New Economy
- Mobility & City with a thematic focus on Mobility and Urban Space.
Join re:publica to:
- Share your ideas, research and visions on an international platform - including recording and publication of your session on re:publica's YouTube and Social Media channels
- Create synergies & exchange creative ideas for social change
- Shape the Detroit voice through an international lense
- Discuss the challenges you and your communities are facing
- Co-curate and host a truly Detroit-rooted re:publica
How does the CfP work?
Participating in the CfP is simple. First, create a speaker profile and second, submit your content proposal via the online form by August 1, 2019. You can find more information on how to apply here, and frequently asked questions here. If you need assistance with your CfP submission, let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Detroit-based co-curators will help in terms of selection. Selection criteria will include: diversity of topics, complexity, relevance, and gender balance - as well as addressing the core topics of re:publica Detroit.
And... action: Off-stage formats
Even offstage and backstage, re:publica lives through you. You can send in anything and everything that knocks people out of their seats: actions, pop-ups, flashmobs, field research, walking acts, games or photography - surprise us! Submit your ideas by selecting the format "Action" in the Call for Participation form.
What makes the cut
Submissions that make the Call usually contain original content, strong research findings or exciting artistic reflections. We are looking for talks, panels, workshops, installations, meetups, exhibitions, movie screenings, performances on how digitization is transforming Detroit.
re:publica aims to present the opportunities and benefits of new technologies in various areas of society, while simultaneously taking a critical look behind the scenes. There is more to it than just a display of the latest technological developments, it's about evaluating them in the long term and making suggestions for the future. Do note: pitches are not what we are looking for, no matter how cool your company, app, or device is.
Whatever it is that moves you, share it during re:publica Detroit. Apply to join us until August 1st, 2019 through the Call for Participation and shape the programme with your input!